Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

how do I open my digital home safe 701 5359

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry no one has yet answered your question. I'd like to help, if I'm able.

What is the brand of your safe? Is the model number 701/5359?

Does it have a key lock in addition to the digital keypad? If so, are you in possession of the key?

Did you forget your combination?

What country are you located in?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Edited by Cher on 3/5/2010 at 8:18 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cher. Thanks for the mail. There is no brand name on the safe. It simply says digital home safe and the model no. 701 /5359. made in China. There is a round handle to the left of the digital kep pad, which turns freely to the right or left, engaging what seem to be the internal latch but doesn't open the door. There are 2 keys but no visible lock. The combination was written down, thenn paper misplaced! I live in London.

Hope this is helpful.

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply with helpful and additional information.

I'm located in the USA, so my apologies for the delay in responding......different time zones.....thanks for your patience! : )

From my research and reviewing the user's manual which accompanies the safe, it appears that you'll have to contact the Customer Service department of the company to get specific instructions on how to reset the digital code without having the door open and/or ask where to insert the key. Here is a link to the manual, so you'll have it for future reference, and it also contains information on to reach Customer Service; the 'helpline' phone number is XXXXX below, as well as the email address and regular address of the company:

Helpline: 020 83916767

[email protected]

Hilka Pro Imports

If this should not work, the only other solutions you could employ to get into the safe, are to either have a locksmith drill a hole to remove the lock, or it might be possible to 'pick' the lock yourself. There are specific tools on the market that you can purchase, to pick the lock. You can find some, here:

After that, you can establish a new "code" to get into the safe in the future. However, because there are tools that can be used to very easily pick the safe open, you need to consider how "safe" the safe is. If you are using the safe as a means to protect items from the elements, it's probably not a bad idea to continue to use it in this fashion. However, if your objective is to use it to safeguard valuables in your home, I would recommend buying a safe that cannot easily be picked open. I think you'll find this link helpful, because it provides information about different kinds of safes, including their level of security and protection:

Here are links to sites which provide additional information about different types of safes you might consider in the future:

I do hope the information I have provided has been helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help, and please do let me know how you make out with getting the safe open.

Best wishes,