P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
Type Your Question Here...

Continetial vacation services

Continetial vacation services
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Your question please?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Continental Vacation Services has contacted me about selling my timeshare, they want me to give them 1300 dollars in legal fees to check to see if I actually own the property or filed bankrupacy...... Is this legimate or are they trying to scam me out of money?
Its a scam. very common. I see this question 5 or 6 times a week here. DO not throw your money away.

Instead, offer them $2K AT CLOSING (after the property sells). If they will not accept that, its a scam.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.