JamesStone, Analyst, Programmer, Writer
Experience:  BA English Teaching, Data Analyst 7 Years
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, I went to Disney Magic Kingdom and with my Professional

Hi, I went to Disney Magic Kingdom and with my Professional camera took pictures of many things at the park. Can I sell those pictures on Ebay as digital images backgrounds on a CD? Is this legal? I wouldn't want to have problems with copyrights or something like that?
Category: General
Expert:  JamesStone replied 6 years ago.
If you were to check the terms and conditions of other stock photo sites (such as Fotolia) which typically deal with these types of legal issues, essentially if the picture is of something that relates to intellectual property rights and is clearly identifiable as such, you're going to have a problem.

Such things would not only include brand names and logos, but anything that the company could claim IP rights for, such as clearly recognized buildings.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have seen stock photo sites that sell disney pictures that people took with their own camera and in other sites. It is s a little confusing.
Technically the line is drawn when you are attempting to profit from Disney's IP. While there may be some sites that get away with it, they are at risk and liable for damages, *unless* they have a signed release from Disney.