Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

In responce to an e-mail promotion for grant money available

In responce to an e-mail promotion for grant money available to qualified persons, I sent an inquery to the address of the organization , whether I would be elgible to receive grants to pay off $25,000 in credit card debt. Ruben Atopbaca assured me that there were numerous grants available for my situation with a promise to reverse a credit card of $5,455.00 if I was not successfull in receiving a grant within 30 days. After 30 days had passed, I tried to call Ruben Atopbaca several times with no responce. After 60 days passed ,I called the Bank of America to dispute the charge on my account explaining my situation. The bank reversed the charge stating that the amount would be held in dispute. On Jan.14,2010 The bank card rebilled my account for the $5,455.00 where it still remains. Based upon the information I have given you, do I have an action in small claims court against Wealth Power Cystems? The initial cotact was with My Funding Resources 7965 South 700 East Sandy UT. 84070 ;phone XXX-XXX-XXXX. Jim
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for researching this important question on JustAnswer.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you have been 'taken' by a scam. Offering to help people pay off their credit card debt, taking their money, and then 'disappearing', has been happening to many folks, not just you. Here is more information:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/scam_alerts/grant.html

If you call Bank of America again and ask them to remove the charge, and/or keep it in dispute because this company was discovered to be a known scam, that would be your best course of action. Also, register a complaint with your State's Attorney General's office, and Department of Consumer Affairs. They have many complaints already on file for this company and others like it.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX do get your money back!

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher