Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Something to read as a tribute at the funeral service of a

Something to read as a tribute at the funeral service of a loved father-in-law from his daughter-in-law?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hello, thanks for your question. I am sorry to hear about the death in your family. As a church musician, I have been a part of many funerals over the years. I find that the most moving tributes to a loved one are simply fond remembrances of that person. It is comforting to family members to hear stories about the deceased's life, in particular, stories that other members of the family knew about or were involved in personally. I've been to many funerals where a good chuckle from the congregation happened during such a story as the speaker talked about a funny moment in their life. Family members and those gathered also like to hear about how the deceased impacted one's life. Did they help you out at some point, make a difference somehow? These stories are very moving.

Finally, some people choose to close with a poem. Sometimes the poem is connected to the person who died in some way. Look up poetry for the career the deceased worked in for most of his life. Or just look up general poetry for funerals. Here is a website that has a number of such poems, suitable for funerals.

Again, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I hope this information is helpful, please click accept if it it. If you need more help, please click reply. Best wishes