How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21167
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a traveling question. Do I need a vist just to enter

Resolved Question:

I have a traveling question. Do I need a vist just to enter the airport and change planes in Moscow, Russia? I want to go to the Ukraine with connecting fligts in Moscow.
For example Los Angeles to Moscow to the Ukraine. I will only change planes in Moscow.
Please advise. Sol Naman
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi Sol, and thanks for your question.

If you are changing planes from Moscow to Ukraine in the same airport, same terminal, and on the same carrier (airline), you most likely will not need a transit visa; however, Russian visa regulations are very unpredictable, so you would do best by calling the airline and asking about this regulation. You can also call your local Russian Consulate in Los Angeles:

Consulate General of Russia
1123 North Fairfax Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90046
I wish you safe travel.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,

Edited by Cher on 2/25/2010 at 12:23 AM EST
Cher and 50 other General Specialists are ready to help you