Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Flying with family on 270210 to Australia Booked on my old

Flying with family on 270210 to Australia Booked on my old debit card ,now have a new card with different number will this cause a problem
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question!

I couldn't envision this causing you any problem. Keep in mind that airline tickets are not always purchased by the person flying, so it wouldn't be possible to check the method of payment at the airport. For example, my parents could buy me a plane ticket with their credit card and all I would need to present at the airport is my ID card to verify my identity.

People get new cards all the time. As long as your personal information and identification is able to be verified at the airport you should have no problem. If for some reason you need to make changes to the ticket that would require an additional payment or a refund, you would want to call the airline and tell them of your new debit card when making the change to be sure the transaction occurs properly.

Please let me know if you need further information by pressing "reply". If this answer was helpful, please press "accept". Best wishes!