Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I ordered blinds from Hilary Blinds, who sent an agent to visit,

I ordered blinds from Hilary Blinds, who sent an agent to visit, measure up and take the order. The order form had the date and time of fitting on it, which was yesterday 12.00 to 3.00pm. Nobody came and I phoned the agent's mobile and his voice mail said he was on holiday. I phoned the company who didn't know he was on holiday, tried to contact him, and got the same response. They said he'll come on Monday, but how do they know he is back, and how do they know he is free. They said they would phone me back bur did'nt. Can I cancel?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

Usually, it states on your order form, how much time you have to cancel your order. Read the order form and see if there is anything on there re: the time frame in which you may cancel your order.

If there is nothing to that effect, and you wish to cancel because this company doesn't sound very efficient, call them and tell them not to send the agent on Monday and you would like a refund of any monies you've already paid. The company made a mistake and you should not have to pay for it with your time. They should know when their own agents are on holiday!

I hope everything works out well for you.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher