John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Experience:  I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
154910
Type Your Question Here...

About 35 years ago I pulled out the ohio river an piece of

Customer Question

About 35 years ago I pulled out the ohio river an piece of wood that looks like a snake with a stone in its mouth. This finding is natural with no human carvings. I would like to sell this piece I could take pictures and send to someone of interest but I have no idea where to start .Can you help?
Category: General
Expert:  John Henderson replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer..

Do you have a digital camera? If you know how, take a picture of the stick at full length next to a person or car to demonstrate the comparative size and then take a picture of the stone end with as much detail as possible against a white piece of paper next to a ruler to show the size. You can then post the pictures in your next post. From a personal note, is it long enough and sturdy enough to be used as a cane. I need a new cane and might be interested in purchasing it for myself.

Let me know either way and I will coach you through the rest of the steps.

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John, I took pictures of the snake but having trouble figuring out how to send them The pictures seem to big to post. Can you tell me how to go in adjust the size so I can send
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John , Do you have a email that I can send you pictures?

In this tool bar you will see a smiley face emoticon, a chain and a tree. If you click on the tree which is a link to the upload utility for that task. You can put the pictures on the next post as long as they are either .gif or .jpg format. As for adjusting the size, you can use any photo editing software. I thing Microsoft has image editing utility that comes on almost every computer.

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John I sent pictures I will send them email to you if needed. This natural sculpture is one of a kind that is how I found it I think this is different than you thought. my email addressXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
John, Did you recieve my pictures ?

graphicgraphicYes and thank you. I am sending you a photo reduced so you can share with others and remove the others if you want... My only suggestion is to sell it at auction on Ebay. I will take a few of the other photos and reduce them so they are easier to handle online.Tell what city and state you are in and I will research some potential buyers for you.

XXXXX XXXXX

Edited by John Henderson on 2/11/2010 at 11:58 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Im from Henderson Ky 42420

An interesting thing just happened. Another expert has been monitoring our posts ...I,ll just paste it here -

"John,

I have been following this question. What a unique piece! I have a friend on the force who is known as "The Snake Man" due to his fascination with snakes. I told his wife about the find and she may be interested in this. If you would please find out what the user has done to preserve the piece (it looks like it has been polished and varnished and possibly mounted on a base as well) and how much he might want for it, I may have a buyer for you guys..."

She is in Augusta, Georgia

Second thing is, I have been doing family history and it appears that my 2nd or 3rd great-grandfather - Ebenezer Logsdon was born in and served in the Civil War from Cub Run. He and his wife are buried in Reams Chapel Cemetery. I have been trying to find someone in that local to take a photo of the stone for me.

Get back to me about the Snake Stick, then the other thing. Thanks for the accept. Positive feedback and bonuses are also a part of our process.

Remember that shipping needs to be a part of the asking price...

Again Thanx,

XXXXX XXXXX