Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

Notice From At&t About Eliminating Worldnet Internet Servi

Notice From At&t About Eliminating Worldnet Internet Service.
Submitted: 4 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Hi, what is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm trying to find out what I need to do. It appears that the link AT&T sends me to is for dial-up service, and I have been using DSL for several years, so I assume that this doesn't apply to me. However, why would they send me an email (one to every email account my wife and I have, if I'm supposed to ignore the email? I'll try to post the notice if I can.:
Action Required!
Discontinuation of AT&T Worldnet® Service
Account # XXXXX:42351
Dear Ross Harper,

As mentioned in a previous communication, we are streamlining our Internet services to offer you an even better Internet experience. As part of that effort, AT&T Worldnet Service will no longer be available as of March 15, 2010, and will be replaced by AT&T Dial Internet service.

What do I Need to Do?

If you wish to maintain your Internet account with AT&T - and keep your email, email IDs, and settings - you will need to move your AT&T Worldnet account to AT&T Dial Internet service prior to that date. Your account will NOT be automatically moved to the new service.

IMPORTANT! If you fail to move your account by March 15, it will be terminated and all information for your AT&T Internet account - including your email, email IDs, features, and settings - will be lost and will be un-recoverable.

What You Need to Know

Here is some important information to know if you move your account to AT&T Dial Internet service:

• Monthly Plan Fee: Your new AT&T Dial Internet service will provide you with

unlimited Internet access for $15.95 per month.*

• Email: When you move to AT&T Dial Internet service your email IDs (primary and
  • sub account IDs) and content will transfer to your new AT&T Dial Internet account.
    This is most of the letter/email. If you need the rest, I'll try to cut and past it too.
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information!

From what I have been able to find out regarding this situation it won't affect you, if you are indeed on DSL. There have been a lot of very confused customers in regards XXXXX XXXXX discontinuation of this service. The only reason I can think of that you would have received that notice was because you had a Worldnet dial-up account in the past. Is that the case? They could be sending emails to anyone who ever had an account. I also found out that there is a lot of uncertainty about AT&T email accounts transferring from Worldnet to upgraded accounts.

In conclusion, it looks like the email you got was simply a mistake, and many others probably got the same email. Your best bet is to contact customer support at(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhere they can give you more specific advice that I can't personally retrieve since it is your personal account. It is probably a mistake, but if somehow it does affect you, make sure to find out if it will affect any email accounts or web pages you have connected to the account. Technical mistakes happen like this all the time, and it's better to catch it now before something happens!

I hope this information has been helpful to you! If it has, please click "Accept". If you need clarification or have other questions please press "Reply" so I can further assist you until your issue is resolved. Best wishes!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.