Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Help with hair dying I have medium brown ash hair and I did

Help with hair dying? I have medium brown ash hair and I did highlights and I asked to make sure my highlight will not be orange since I had that problem before. Well now my highlights turned gray color and it looks terrible. Any suggestions?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello gabriellaavet,

Did you do the highlights yourself or have them done professionally in a salon?

How long ago did you have them done?

Was your natural hair color changed (dyed) as well, or you just had highlights done?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it was done in a salon. I just did it yesterday and I came home and realized that I look gray. No my natural color has not been changed, I just did highlights. I told that I do not want to have orange spots like I had before when I was doing higlights and they said I will not have orange . But I did not want gray, I just wanted to have light blonde highlights.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

From your description, it sounds like the wrong color for highlighting was used and/or was not kept on for the correct amount of time. You will need to go back to the salon and tell them you are not satisfied with this 'gray' highlight color and ask them to 'color correct it', free of charge.

You may have to wait a little bit, so your hair, where the highlights were placed, does not become 'overprocessed'. They also might suggest that you need to dye all your hair (your natural color) to get rid of the gray-looking highlights.

Once they correct the highlights and/or your overall color, I suggest not using this salon again. Find another one in your area that is well-recommended by friends that have had good highlights and/or other services done there.

I hope everything works out well for you!

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.

Cher