Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I Have Not Heard Back From Craigslist On A Response To A Job

I Have Not Heard Back From Craigslist On A Response To A Job Posting. Do I need to be a registered user? If so, how do I register?

I don't believe you need to be a registered user on Craigslist, if have responded to an ad already, and were not a registered user. If you would like to register, you can do so, here: https://accounts.craigslist.org/login/signup

If you have not heard back from this company, your only recourse is to post a response to the ad again, and/or email or call the poster, if an email address and/or phone number is XXXXX If you clicked to respond to the Job Posting and your response is going through Craigslist itself, without you knowing the name of the company or it's contact information, your only recourse is to post another response or wait for an answer. Not all companies will respond if they feel you are not right for the job.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.

Best of luck!
Cher

Edited by Cher on 2/3/2010 at 9:04 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Cher,

I have responded to several of these ads by copying the link into my aol correspondence window, email it with the request for more information and never hear back from Craigslist which is why I think I have to be registered. I do have a login, I just don't know where to log in.... I guess the site is not as user friendly as I thought. Thank you for your help, I am going to write them directly.

Kindly,

Nelisa

Hi again, Nelisa, and you're most welcome; thanks for your reply with additional information.

I've responded to Craigslist ads before, and if they don't include an actual email link or email address or phone number, you need to click on the lower bottom, right, where it says something like: 'no reply address? Send note'.

If you copied and pasted the blue link listed next to 'reply' at the top of the posting, into your aol email window, this should have worked. However, if that link was not 'blue' and 'clickable' for you, you might have to register. This might make it easier for you to respond, and it costs nothing.

Good luck! I hope you are successful in finding a job!

Cher

Edited by Cher on 2/3/2010 at 9:59 PM EST