Linda Roch
Linda Roch, Mensa Member
Experience:  I am a good researcher and I am a member of Mensa
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

can you analise if an internet contact is for real or just

can you analise if an internet contact is for real or just playing fames with time & money ?
Category: General
Expert:  Linda Roch replied 4 years ago.
For this, you need to analyze the email extension as well as the Web site where you found this. Please send it along and I will do a primary search.
Linda Roch, Mensa Member
Experience: I am a good researcher and I am a member of Mensa
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well, the website was euroasian.com, a contact-site for european and asian man and women, to look for relationship (or friendships)

The thing is that the girl in question imidiatly took here profile off the site and the profile and her original message on my site-maibox was untraceble.

The email adress I have is:

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

and that is strange beacouse her real name is Ekaterina Soukina, living in Cheboksary, Rusia.

I looked and ploughed through all Loveiskwi's and Soukina's and finaly all Ekaterina's (hondreds, if not thousands) in Cheboksary but could not find a trace of the real one...

So I wonder if I am dealing with a real person here or it is just a trick to get money from me......

Maybe you can help me with that,

regards,

Customer (you can call me Johannes)

I will look into this for you tonight.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, can wait for that,

thanks

I have looked at this site but I think you gave me the URL. Euroasian.com is actually a business site. Please check the URL and let me know what it is again. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is actualy AsianEuro.com....
I will get back to you tonight.
The site itself seems legitimate, but that does not mean that the people on it are not looking to scam others out of money. In this case, as the profile was taken off so fast, it seems that this person does not want to be found. Through my research on the site and the kind of people who post on it, I have found that this may be a case of someone else being scammed and this individual does not want any information about him or her found out. I think the best way to deal with this type of situation is to go with your gut feeling. In this case, I do think it's most likely a scheme.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you,

my gut says that this indeed was a scammer, also since this person indeed already asked for money. Very subtile and very manapulative, but still....600 us dollars, to travel from Cheboksary to Malaga...

Oh well...since I took no action nothing happened.

thank you for your time!

greetings,

Johannes