Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

What can you tell me about the Straw Yard a lithograph published

What can you tell me about the "Straw Yard" a lithograph published by the Seitz Hamburg? I already asked this question and its been overnight and there is no answer at all l already know there is one by Currier and Ivs but mine is by Seitz Hamburg .It looks like the Currier and Ives until you look closer and there is a big difference .
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello Jane.

I think this is the one you have link.

Title: The Straw Yard, 1810 (oil on panel)

Artist: XXXXX, XXXXX (1769-1859)

Nationality: English

Location: Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection, USA

Medium: oil on panel

Date: C19th

Dimwension 19.1x29.2 cms, Horizontal
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to see the print ,Could you please show it or tell me whnere to see it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Show it or tell me where to find it.
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Click on the word "link" i posted previously, or if for some reason you have a browser problem, paste this in the address bar:,-1810.html
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry but this is not the lithograph that I have, Mine is in winter and there is alot of snow around. Deep snow like a foot on the roofs of the buildings, Its quite similar to the Currier and Ives "Straw Yard" but a few more horses. I thank you for getting into it for me.What is it that I owe you. ? I had told them that I would pay $15.00.Is that what I owe? It occurs to me that there must have been a series of Straw yard paintings and all by different artists and also different publishers. In doing this we have come across 3 or 4 different ones.One was "The Straw Yard -Winter"Currier and Ives and another was" The Straw yard Christmas " then the one you just found and mine is The Straw yard ............Published by Seitz Hamburg .I bet there was a dozen more. It looks to me like that was a place where artists went to paint animals.