Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I moved into a home that has a key pad for the garage door,

I moved into a home that has a key pad for the garage door, however the previous owner cannot remember the code that was in there and they don't have the opener that goes in your vehicle. What can I do?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

The best thing to do is contact the manufacturer of the garage door for instructions on how to reset the code on the keypad and ask to be sent a replacement opener. If this type of door is sold in any local store, like Home Depot or Lowes, you may be able to get a replacement opener there, and/or view an instruction manual from the manufacturer, if they carry the same brand. I'm assuming the previous owner doesn't have the user's manual, either.

Good luck!

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.