Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Is the pesticide Microban restricted, when used on kitchen

Is the pesticide Microban restricted, when used on kitchen counter tops, such as the produce Silestone?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Could you clarify your question for me please? Which pesticide are you asking about in particular? Are you just looking for what kind of products you can use to clean a silestone counter or sink with? Thanks for the additional information, I'll wait for your reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am asking about Microban. That is a pesticide that is in Silestone and other products. I have been told that Microban has been band in some places. Has this product been band in California?
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked in a number of places including the Food and Drug Administration, the Federal Trade Commission and the Environmental Protection Agency and find nothing saying that Microban has been banned in any state. Some foreign countries, however, have banned some specific pesticides produced under the Microban name from being used in some regards. I did find derogatory information about Microban through the EPA citing liabilities faced by Microban due to false claims being made about some of their products. I contacted Microban directly at their U.S. office in North Carolina and was directed to the office of Joseph Tranum. From what information I had from you to give for the reason I was calling, the receptionist said this person would be the one to contact with your question. He had already left the office for the day so I was unable to reach him. The phone number for Microban is(NNN) NNN-NNNN You might want to contact Mr. Tranum personally via this phone number as he would be able to give you the best information. Keep in mind that he would be obligated to correctly answer such a question regarding health and safety of their products, as not doing so would open him and the company up for civil liability.

That being said, if this product were banned in any state in the U.S. I'm sure there would be significant information available describing that, but I find none. Please press "Accept" if you've found my answer helpful. If you haven't please press "Reply" so I can continue to work with you until your question is resolved. Thanks so much for using Just Answer! Best wishes!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.