Lucy
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
26798026
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to make contact with Dorset County Council (Dorchester)

I am trying to make contact with Dorset County Council (Dorchester) re.bith &death details of 1923
Category: General
Expert:  syseng replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

First, are you trying get assistance with the research of this topic or need assistance with your computer for research?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not require a certificate.Iwish to know my elder brother`s date of birth & date of death.Info I have is as follows-1923.Vol5AP359 Poole and 1923 Vol5Ap261.Hope this helps.His name was Peter and died at 6 weeks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am trying to answer a question which has eluded me for 60 odd years!I did not give you the full info-sorry. Iwasgiven these details by a contact on genes reunited.Here goes-March qtr.1923 vol.5a page359.Poole. June/July qtr.1923 vol.5a page261. Couldn`t read my own scribble. Hope this helps
Expert:  Lucy replied 7 years ago.
Hi Hayes,

You can request a copy of birth and death certificates directly through the County Council's website. The cost for each certificate is £ 7.00, however, they state that they will charge more if the information provided is incorrect. You can write a letter, visit the Family Records Centre in London, visit the relevant local Register Office, or request the information online.

For more information, click here.

Good luck,
Lucy
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience: Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master