Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...

Without complete phone number how to find whose number it is

I have a partial phone number. How do I find out whose phone number it is?

The best way to find out is to enter the partial number into a Google search. Then, you should get some extra numbers. Once you have those, go to and do a reverse number look up and see if you can find the person it belongs to.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will white pages work for cell phone numbers

If it is a cell phone number, whitepages may not be able to give you the name of the person, but often they can tell you where the phone is registered (area as well as phone carrier) so you can get a general idea of where the call is coming from. However, by putting the full number into Google, even if it is a cell phone you may get a name if that person has ever posted their number online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well the problem is I'm missing the middle part of the phone number. I have an area code and the last four digits, I have the first name of the person. So if there was a way to look up cell numbers with just those two parts and some how get a list of numbers that have the same beginning and end, and see if any of the names match. Honestly, I think met my future wife and she whispered her number in my ear but I could only remember the area code, last four digits and her name. Please tell me you know a way.

Put all the information you have into a Google search and see what you get. If you're meant to be together, the universe will bring you together again. You can also put a posting on facebook and ask people to repost it. Eventually, the person who's number it is may get back to you.