Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Is Premier Legal Advocates in Agoura Hills, CA a real company

Is Premier Legal Advocates in Agoura Hills, CA a real company? I have gotten the run around when I call the phone number and I just want to determine if they are legitimate.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, jgarland, and thanks for your question.

From research I have done about this company, they are not a member of the Better Business Bureau, they are not registered with the City where they are located (which is required for any business located in the area), and other people have also had problems determining if they are legitimate or not. As you mentioned, when asking more detailed questions about the company and their home office, people are told they will be called back, which never happens, and/or are given the run around, as you have stated.

If you are or were, planning on doing business with them for a mortgage loan modification, you are very wise to check this out first, because there ARE so many scams and scam companies for this particular purpose of mortgage modifications. No legitimate company will ever ask you for any money up front, so if they've done that, don't do business with them.

It seems that they only recently moved to their Agoura Hills, CA location at XXXXX Suite 310, Agoura Hills, CA 91301. The phone I found listed is:(NNN) NNN-NNNN They are also called "Premier Consumer Group" and in both of their websites their privacy disclosure pages list a company called "NHS Inc." as the owner of the websites and where to send notices, but nowhere do they provide an actual address or full name of "NHS Inc.".

When in doubt, follow your instincts and keep yourself and your money safe.
Just to make sure you are dealing with a legitimate company in the future, you may want to start your loan modification process by calling a HUD-approved nonprofit housing counselor. You can speak with a certified counselor by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN They can help evaluate your options, open lines of communication with mortgage lenders, and much more, all at no cost to you.

I hope all goes well for you.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 1/21/2010 at 9:19 PM EST