Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

I live in Iceland and would like to find out more of the materials

I live in Iceland and would like to find out more of the materials and equipment that you have to offer for making flys and fly fishing.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question! Since you say you haven't tried anything yet, here are some resources so get you started in fly fishing:

This website has a wealth of free information, especially for beginners in fly fishing. They include information on where to purchase the different kinds of materials as well as how to make all kinds of different flies. Some of the materials used for fly making are common, while others might have to be ordered. Three items are recommended for you to keep on hand for making flies: hooks, dubbing wax, and head cement. You would then add the other materials you see on the below page to complete the fly.

Here are some different stores that offer a great deal of supplies for fly fishing:*FlyFishing*011410

Additionally, there is a free series of videos on that teaches how to tie several different kinds of flies. Here is the page with those videos:

I hope this information has been helpful to you! Please let me know if you need additional help on this question by pressing "Reply". I'll continue to work with you until you are satisfied. If this answer is what you were looking for, please press "Accept" so I can be compensated for my time. Positive feedback is greatly appreciated and will be reciprocated. Thanks again for your question and good luck on your fly fishing quest!

Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi againCustomer

A colleague has asked me to clarify for you that this is a "pay-per-question" website and that we do not sell anything, just offer answers and advice to our customers. The above answer that I gave you was to assist you in locating both retailers for fly fishing supplies as well as information on building your own flies as you had asked for. I hope that was clear in the information on this website as well as the information in my answer to you. If I have provided you with the information you need, please click "Accept". Click "Reply" if you need further assistance with your question. Again, thanks for coming to Just Answer.