Lucy
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
26798026
Type Your Question Here...

I need websites where I can search for driving license number

Customer Question

I need websites where I can search for driving license number and passport number in the US
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer and thanks for your question.

Are you searching for your own driver's license and passport number, or someone else's?

Thanks for your additional information.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not mine but someone else's,thanks.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply; also thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted back.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to find out another person's driver's license number or passport number online, and also it's not lawful because this is considered private identity information and is not given out to anyone but the holder of the license/passport. You can only obtain this type of information about yourself, sometimes online, but mainly, in person. If you feel this person may have been involved in a crime, etc., you can contact your local police, and with a name, they can obtain this information, but they will not share it with you. If you're trying to help someone (a relative?) get this information, they will need to supply many other 'proofs' of identity to get it from the proper sources.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 1/20/2010 at 7:02 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Lucy replied 7 years ago.
The first Answer is correct. There is no legal website where you can search someone else's private information without their consent.

With passport numbers, you cannot even obtain your own information online. If you had consent from a third party, you would need to get it in writing, notarized, and mail it to the State Department. You can obtain more information here.

Edited by Lucy on 1/23/2010 at 7:29 PM EST
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience: Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master