Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

i need someone to walk me through each step to text haiti-90999

i need someone to walk me through each step to text haiti-90999 on my iphone i have no idea where to put what.

I think it's great that you want to make this donation, which is so badly needed after this disaster.

Here is what you do: (I don't know what you already know about texting, so you requested step by step directions and here they are)

Access your text messaging by clicking 'Messages' from your home screen.

In the upper right hand corner you will see an icon that looks like a box with a pencil in it.
Click on that. It will say 'New Message'.

Underneath, it will say 'To:' that's where you put in 90999 If you only see letters on the bottom half of your screen (like a keyboard), click "_123" at the lower left hand corner of your screen, to change the letters to a numerical keypad.

After you enter 90999 in the To: XXXXX XXXXX you will see a blank space (rectangle) to the left of the 'send' button, above the keypad, and this is where you type 'Haiti' which is the actual 'text message'.

Then, hit 'Send' and it will say 'Sending' at the top of the screen.

Remember that $10 will be added to your cell phone bill for this donation.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.