Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...

I am involved with a business in Northport Beach, Callifornia

I am involved with a business in Northport Beach, Callifornia Zip 92660 that I cannot
get in touch with. The name of the business is Help Modify Now, Inc. They were
suppose to help me modifiy a loan that Wells Fargo Bank would not modify for me.
I sent them a retaining fee of $2,988. I saw their advertisment on TV. I first started
dealing with them in April 2009.
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 6 years ago.
Hi PW,

I found this link, which may be helpful to you. It suggests that you contact the police immediately if you have been a victim of theft from Help Modify Now.

You should also contact the Better Business Bureau. Here is a link to their page for Help Modify.

Unfortunately, the information I found on this company all suggests that this is not a legitimate company. If Help Modify Now has not yet cashed the check you sent, you should contact your bank immediately to place a stop payment and ensure that they do not draft an automatic withdrawal on your account. If they drafted an automatic withdrawal, depending on when it cleared, your bank may be able to assist you in attempting to reverse it.

Also, I don't know how much it will help, but I did find their contact information for you:XXXXX Suite 100, Newport Beach, CA 92660 Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Good luck,