Lucy
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...

What can these have in common Deep Blue Something - Audrey

Customer Question

What can these have in common?

Deep Blue Something - Audrey Hepburn - Hardwood - Horace Greeley - John B L Soule
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Deep Blue Something is band that wrote a popular song called "Breakfast at Tiffany's," referring to the Audrey Hepburn movie of the same name. Breakfast at Tiffany's earned 7 Academy Awards. The song is actually based on Hepburn's character in Roman Holiday, for which she also won an Oscar.

Hardwood is a short documentary about Hubert Davis' relationship with his father, a member of the Harlem Globetrotters. It won the Academy Award for Best documentary in 2004.

Horace Greeley is an American journalist and founder of the New York Tribune. He is generally credited with the phrase "Go West, young man." This phrase was actually originally said by John B. L. Soule, an American journalist from Indiana. "Go West, Young Man" is also the title of a film starring Broderick Crawford, who later went on to win an Academy Award for his performance in "All the King's Men."

Edited by Lucy on 1/9/2010 at 5:13 AM EST
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience: Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know if this goes directly to you Lucy. This is the first time I have used this forum.

The information that you gave me is great. I had figured out part of it. Could not get Hardwood though. I did not send you the clue exactly as it should have been. See below maybe we can make it a little clearer.

Deep Blue Something + Audrey Hepburn + Hard Wood = Horace Greeley + John

B L Soule

That is the exact way it was given to me. Any ideas what it means together?

Any idea on how it can relate to a place or thing in Florida?

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Well, that certainly is interesting. So, what we've got is

2BaT + Harlem GlobeTrotters = 2"Go West"

There is a Universal Studios in Florida, but BaT was distributed by Paramount. Go West, Young Man was distributed on Universal Home video, but was initially distributed in theaters by Paramount. Let me think about this a bit more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This might help you. The place or whatever it can be linked with. will have to be within 56 miles of the tampa international airport. i can't figure out it this clue leans toward a particular place or area within that 56 mile parameter of tampa international. And in that 56 mile parameter, it would be in any direction.

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Because the second half the equation refers to two authors who are commonly cited as having said, "Go West, young man," I imagine that you're supposed to go west from the Tampa Airport. But that still leaves the first half the equation. Do you have any more information?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can give you the other clues that I have that came before this one. Would that be ok?

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
That might help. Thanks. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1. The Mississippi River discouverer is not the right key county or code. I figured the answer to this might be Desoto. possibly. We have a Desoto county here I Florida.

2. Stay North of the Apple Store in Chicago.? I looked on a map of the store to check out the streets. North of the store is a sr or us 41 which we have????

3. Let the games start now.

4. Stay north of Bonifacio. - Which I think refers to the baseball player. so it would mean

stay north of Miami?

5. What is the key?

6. West of Straberry City - I thought this might mean Plant City. Which is our little strawberry capitol here.

7. A Spring? A River? A Stream?

8. A group of seed plants characterized by a large crown of compound leaves and a large trunk. - I think this referes to a Cycad. but not sure of the signifigance. with the other clues. it is not a palm, evergreen maybe. I don't know if it might refer to a city the the word Palm in it.

9. Deep Blue Group = Audrey Hepburn + Hard Wood = Horace Greeley + John B L Soule.

10 Consult with Mariel Zagunas?

These are all the clues I have.

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
1. I think you're right. There is also a Hernando County, also named after De Soto.

7. I think this clue might refer to the Wacissa River, which is actually a spring-fed stream. The river runs north of Miami and West of both Plant City and Dover (two strawberry cities near Tampa). However, I'm not sure how close the river gets to Tampa.

8. I agree.

10. Mariel Zagunas is an Olympic fencing champion.

Does any of that help you at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have the complete run down now of all the clues. There was a computer glitch, so all the clues were not received. Let me know if you would like them. Maybe then some things might make sense.

Laura

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Absolutely. I am dying to figure this out. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

These are the clues so far. There is one missing. It is after the Stay north of the Apple store in Chicago. I will also send you tomorrows clues when they come up. Here is the list so far.

The Mississippi River Discoverer is not the right key, county, or code

septentrional forsaken stronghold

Stay North of the Apple Store in Chicago?

Let the - games start now

Eat Its" - father. King of -. Minus A = No

Stay. North. Of. Bonifacio

Stay North of Dr George McAnelly Miller

What - is - the - key?

Fresh - fruit and - vegetables

West - of . strawberry . city

Stay north of Robert Louis Stevenson's Utopia

A Spring? A River? A Stream?

West - Donovan Mcnabb and - John Elway -

a group of seed plants characterized by a large crown of compound leaves and a stout trunk

Deep Blue Something + Audrey Hepburn + Hard Wood = Horace Greeley + John - B. - L. Soule

Consult - with Mariel Zagunis?

A-lot of water near by

John - Bunyan would advise you to stay North of this village?

The best part of waking up?

C.Quercus - East

I find myself alone when each day is through.

Don't stay up to late......

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
I feel like all these clues somehow relate to Pine Island. I was looking at Pine Island yesterday, but I mistakenly found a website that said it was in Hernando County (It's not - it's in Lee county). The pine is an evergreen tree. Pine Island is 59 miles from Tampa International on the freeway, but should be less than 56 miles as the crow flies. It is west of Tampa International, north of Miami, on the water, it's near state route 41, it's north of Ruskin (Dr George McAnelly Miller), and north of Utopia.

The best part of waking up is Folger's in your cup. (At least according to the commercials). C.Quercus also is related to Java computer language.

And I'm still not sure how Johnny Cash or Breakfast at Tiffany's fits in.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where you have north of Ruskin (Dr George Mcanelly Miller), Pine Island would be way south of Ruskin. I actually live about 20 minutes from Ruskin.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also in your post you referenced Johnny Cash. Where or which clue does that go with??????
Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Oh, sorry - "I find myself alone when each day is through" is a line from Walk the Line, by Johnny Cash.

According to Google, Pine Island is 90 miles north of Ruskin. Now, I'm just confused. I'm sorry.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr= Ruskin,+FL&daddr=Pine+Island,+FL&hl=en&geocode=%3BCTJBYUOsjEc7FWr8swEdK8sS-yn7nWy_AyToiDFtcGqcK7xyaw&mra=ls&sll=28.589345,-82.654438&sspn=0.065116,0.109692&g=Pine+Island,+Florida&ie=UTF8&z=9
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I looked at your link. What Google gave you was a Pine Island Drive.

That's why I have a love/hate relationship with mapquest. You don't put exactly the right address and you get very weird locations.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Here is two more hints for today.

Hint #1:

Stay - North . of - Stratotanker -

Hint #2:

Keep North . of - Macho . Nemesis

Hopefully you can have more luck that I did. I know a stratotanker is a type of plane.

Any more luck?

Laura

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Hmmm... do you have a giant map of Florida to plot all this stuff on?

The Stratotanker is a plane used by the air force. However, there are multiple air force bases in Florida, and I imagine it's not possible to stay north of every single one of them without, say, heading into Georgia. I see that, in 1963, two Stratotankers headed for Homestead AFB were lost in the Bermuda triangle. Since Homestead is South of Miami, and we already know we're looking north of Miami, I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Macho Man's Nemesis, I believe, is Hulk Hogan. Over the years, he has had many homes in Florida, but I'm not finding anything conclusive on where he is now. I think I need to go back to some of the earlier clues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well considering we have to stay within 56 miles of tampa international airport. The only base close by is Macdill AFB in Tampa. I think you should be able to find a map online. I think the clues are going to lead up to a place in either Pinellas county or Hillsborough county, which is Tampa and where TIA is. I think the last home that Hulk Hogan and his now ex-wife had was in pinellas county possibly.

I have the clues for today.

Hint #1:

Don't you know you drive me crazy

Hint #2:

What . does it - take . to make you see?

Sounds like these might be from songs too????

Laura

Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
"Don't you know you drive me crazy" is a line from a song called Sit Still, by a band called Brightwood. It's also a line from "Stay with Me" by the Controllers, and a line from a song by a group called E-40. There could be others.

There is also a song called What Does it Take to Make You See from a band called Bottle Rocket.

Unfortunately, I am not well-versed in music - I've never heard of any of those bands or songs. At least E-40 has a wikipedia page (but he's from CA). I'm shooting in the dark on everyone else.

Do the periods and dashes in the clues have some significance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Possibly.