Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I Want To Cancel The Automatic Renewal For Norton Antivirus

I Want To Cancel The Automatic Renewal For Norton Antivirus Software.
Submitted: 7 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

You can cancel your Automatic Renewal for Norton Antivirus Software by following these directions from: http://www.symantec.com/support/AR_faq.html

"How do I cancel Norton Automatic Renewal Service?

You may cancel your Automatic Renewal registration by signing in to your Norton Account (www.myNortonAccount.com). Do this 15 days before your subscription expiration date (or before the specified billing date in the Automatic Renewal email notification) to avoid an automatic charge.

Once you have signed-in to your Norton Account, navigate to the Automatic Renewal page. Uncheck the check box for the Norton product in which you wish to disable Automatic Renewal. Click on the Update button. Turning off the auto-renewal feature may leave you unprotected from dangerous online threats unless you renew your subscription manually. You can renew your subscription manually by following the renewal prompts provided by the product."

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you have additional questions, need more information and/or clarification, please click 'Reply'. Thanks.

Cher

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your answer but I already knew about the www.mynortonaccount.com portion of it. Unfortunately, I would have to guess at the email used and password XXXXX I don't know when I originally purchased the software. More specifically, my Amex card was already charged in Dec. 2009 for automatic renewal and I would like a refund besides cancelling the automatic renewal. Can you assist me with getting back the refund since it is impossible to get in contact with Symantec? Thanks so much.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome.

Please forgive my delayed response, as I lost my internet connection and just got back online.

Call Amex and tell them you are 'disputing' the charge from Symantec, and would like it removed. They will begin an investigation and contact the company. Explain it was an automatic renewal that you didn't know about and you don't want any other charges made by this company.

If you can't remember the email and password XXXXX your Symantec account, they should be able to access it for you with just your name and approximately when you purchased the software. Try to contact Symantec by phone AND online. Guess at the email, and if you get that right, online, but can't remember the password, that will enable you to choose an option to change your password XXXXX sign into the account.

I know Symantec makes it difficult to contact them, and that's just awful, when they can't accommodate their customers.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything on my end, to help you get back the refund, except advise you, as above. You're the only one who can accomplish this, since it's your account. Once you put the charge into 'dispute' with Amex, you should get it refunded.

I wish you much good luck and hope you are successful.

Please let me know how things turn out. Thanks.

Cher