Lori, Research Analyst
Experience:  General Information and Online Research
Type Your Question Here...

How Do I Deposit Actual USD Into My BOA Acc while In South

Customer Question

How Do I Deposit Actual USD Into My BOA Acc while In South Africa. Is there a banking centre anywhere in SA - perhaps Sandton Johannesburg.
Submitted: 6 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  Lori replied 6 years ago.

I found an excellent site for you that gives you everything you should need to be able to transfer funds to your BOA Account while traveling in South Africa. They will probably have to do a wire transfer for you at one of the international banks in Johannesburg so you will need your banking info, including your routing numbers and account information. Moving funds should not be a big issue. They also have banks at the airport.

Please let me know if I can help further in any way.

Edited by Lori on 1/5/2010 at 1:19 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have physical USD that needs depositing - I am already familiar with online transfers. I need to actually deposit the paper money , while in SA.
Expert:  Lori replied 6 years ago.

You would need to go to one of the international banks as there is no BOA branch anywhere in SA so the actual hard cash will have to be moved via another bank. The other possibility is to convert the money to an international money order and mail it to your bank for deposit. Here is a list of all banks in South Africia:

I guess the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you would need to deposit funds before getting there, utilize the services of another international bank to assist getting the funds deposited. I know that's not the answer you were hoping for; however, it's the reality of the situation.

Let me know if I can do anything else.....remember this wouldn't be an 'online' would go to the bank in Johannesburg, tell them you need to wire money to an account, give them the info they need to access your account and then give them the cash to send. They will probably charge a nominal fee.