Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Had an expert on line to find a song; I found it, thanks to

Customer Question

Had an expert on line to find a song; I found it, thanks to him and now I need to order it from a retailer, but lost the page where he gave me the answer.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.

Hello again, here is a link to the initial question. Glad you found the song!

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2y9rd-looking-for-a-song-popular-in-the-late-50s-called-simply-billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was called Billy, sung by XXXXX XXXXXnden and I need to know where I can get a copy of the sheet music. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
I will start looking for a place to find the sheet music, if you would like to go back to the first question you opened we can work off of that so you don't have to pay for two separate questions about the same thing. I'll be back with you in just a moment!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am looking for the sheet music of Billy, sung by XXXXX XXXXXnden for a 50th anniversary party. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.

Hi there, I posted this on the first question but not sure if you received it, so here it is on this question:

I have looked everywhere and can't find any sheet music for that song, let along any sheet music for any of XXXXX XXXXXnden's music. I guess I'm not way too surprised about that as sheet music is normally printed for popular tunes while they are popular and most of the sheet music still printed today from the 50's is music that has remained popular since it initially came out. If it would be helpful, I can work out the chord changes for this music and send you that so it could be played on piano or guitar by someone who can read chords. The chords would appear above the lyrics. Would that work?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That would be wonderful. I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Great, I will get on that and have it back to you in about 10-15 minutes!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll be right here waiting. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.

Ok, here ya go! I hope this works out for you. Please let me know if I can clarify anything in here. There are some notes about chord spellings at the very bottom. Also, I've placed the chords exactly where they change over the lyrics, so when you see a line that doesn't have a chord at the beginning that means there should either be silence, or a continuation of the previous chord (you'll hear where in the recording). Best of luck, I'm sure this song will mean a lot to the long time happy couple!!

Billy

- Artist: XXXXX XXXXXnden "I Wish I Were A Princess- The Great Lost
Female Teen Idols"-Collector's Choice Music DPSM 5189

single notes:

A C# B E D B
(bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp)

A C# B E D B
(bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp)

A E D B A
(bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp-bomp)

Chords:

E7/B
For when I walk I always walk with Billy

Amaj7
'cause Billy knows just where to walk

E7/B
And when I talk I always talk with Billy

Amaj7
'cause Billy knows just how to talk

E7/B
And when I dine I always dine with Billy

Amaj7
He takes me where I get my fill

Amin7 D---F#7---Bmin
Want you to know, I love him so

B E7 A
I just wanna be with Bill

single notes:

A C# B E D B
(bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp)

A C# B E D B
(bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp)

A E D B A
(bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp-bomp)

[INSTRUMENTAL BREAK] Just follow chord structure of first verse and include melody in right hand of piano if possible

E7/B

Amaj7
He takes me where I get my fill

A7 D---F#7---Bmin
And when I sleep, and when I sleep

B E7 A
I always dream of Bill

single notes:

A C# B E D B
(bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp)

A C# B E D B
(bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp)

A E D B A
(bomp, bomp-bomp-bomp-bomp)

Notes about chords:

E7/B means it is an E seventh chord with the root of the chord being B, aka second inversion.

Amaj7 means the seventh of the chord is major instead of minor, so this chord would be spelled A-C#-E-G#

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for the wonderful service. Their anniversary is on June 17 and this gives us time to work it out for the pianist. God bless you.
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
My pleasure, glad to help!