Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

i haave a pair of binoculars from the war and so my uncle tells

i haave a pair of binoculars from the war and so my uncle tells me they were used in the desert with romel can you tell me if they would be worth anything ?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.

I am wondering if you have any documentation of the binoculars being used by Rommel in the war, or anything to authenticate what your uncle said?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i am sorry i dont have that information
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your response. If Rommel did actually use them during the war they would be of great historical value, and depending on the buyer, of good monetary value as well. The issue is that without any sort of documentation or authentication, to most buyers they would just be another set of standard-issue binoculars from that era. In my research I have found a number of items associated with Rommel to fetch between $200-1,000. Most of these items are actually autographed by him and are in excellent condition. The value in your binoculars would be in the factual historical value of them, and in most cases the only way to make money on such an item would be to have proper documentation. If you can't find the documentation you could always hold on to them and pass them down through the family as a keepsake. I hope this information helps, best wishes!