John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Experience:  I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
Type Your Question Here...

My husband has a Romania M1969 22 caliber rifle. The only other

My husband has a Romania M1969 22 caliber rifle. The only other engraved letters on it are: E3050 and caistalbvt. We were wondering how much this might be woth. Thanks for your help. Tina
Category: General
Expert:  John Henderson replied 6 years ago.

Additional info can be found here...

Once you find your firearm, give me the details and I will search further...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Im sure you can obviousley tell I have no clue about guns... anyway on the stock it has IMC 2 1983 and E-3050. on the end of the barrell it has M169 22 cal Romania. (nest line) C.A.I.-ST.-ALB.-VT. That is all the info I can find on it. It looks closest to the first one on the websit you sent me to, but they have different markings. Thanks for looking!

Here are some more sites for you. As you look through them, understand that these folks are always looking for information about these rifles and what ever you could contribute may answer someone elses long sought after question.

There are many places on the rifle where markings exist. Knownig how much detail was required every time a military entity ordered any ordinance will help you know why this information is vital. They went as far as cataloging the nicks and scrapes to keep records accurate! Crazy as it sounds, that's the truth of it.

Good luck in your search and let me know if you actually find YOUR rifle.

Also know this. The current value of yours can vary with one single mark, so try to cataloge every mark and establish a personalchart for documenting your findings. I have seen rifles held by specific soldiers like Generals going for $10,000!

Here are some more pages for your curiosity...

the main site that you need to help ID your rifle is...

Hope all this helps...