TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

Does black garlic have a rotten smell is still good

Does black garlic have a rotten smell? is still good?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
Hello, It sounds your garlic may gone bad. It will stay fresh for two weeks or more depending on the climate and time of year. A fresh garlic bulb is firm. The outer skin is white without any graying at the base. A peeled clove of garlic is smooth without brown marks or indentations. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My question was for BLACK Garlic Not White Garlic The Garlic is black and soft but it smells like it rotten IS IT Rotten?

Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry, Shelf life of black garlic is about 9 months. The articles I read note its sweet smell and mild garlic smell. If it has a rotten odor I would still get rid of it. The problem with shelf life you have no idea how long its been around before you get it. Thanks Tom