Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

how can i check a marriage taken place in vitibsk belarus if

how can i check a marriage taken place in vitibsk belarus if valid or not?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello,Customer

Are you looking for records of a recent marriage or one from a long time ago?

My research is showing many references for Jewish marriage record sites; is this what you are seeking?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hello once again ,

i am surching to find out if my wife has invalid our marriage since at presant we live in differint countries.she was ill for some years and was living with her mum ,i tried my best for her needs,but had problems with her mum. i am afraid that her mum while see was ill mayby applied for a divorce for her because i regestered our marraige at my wife mum home address.how can i c heck on line if such thing has occared.

Thank you

Manuel

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello again, Manuel, and thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

It won't be easy to find this information online, but I can direct you to some websites where you can look up marriage and divorce records. However, there is a fee for these searches:

http://www.governmentregistry.org/?hop=sgmhoward&xsite=governmentregistry&xtarget=2&xpath=lp_warrantfiles&conversion_id=1069591026&gc_source=g&gclid=code1-cs544cfqwsoaodebfeeq

This site includes both USA and other country searches. Belarus is on the list. I don't know how accurate this site is.

I think you would get the best results by contacting your Belarus Consulate or Embassy, in the country where you're living now, and ask them to search marriage/divorce records for you, to find if a divorce has been filed by your wife. If you tell me where you are located, I can help locate contact information for the nearest Belarus Consulate/Embassy. Here are a few:
http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/european/belarus/resources/by-embassies.html

I hope this information helped you, and please let me know if you need further assistance. If you found my answer helpful, please click ACCEPT; for more information, please click Reply. Thank you.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/26/2009 at 8:12 PM EST