Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I Have Lost My Itinerary. I Cant Reach A Human. Flight Is

I Have Lost My Itinerary. I Can't Reach A Human. Flight Is In 3 Days.
I have my credit card statement, date of travel, and the credit card statement TRANSACTION NUMBER. I need somebody to e-mail me my (actually, my son's) itinerary.
Thanks,
Bob C. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Submitted: 5 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bob,

Your best way of getting this information is to call the airline, follow their prompts on the phone menu, to speak to a 'human', and request the itinerary. If you can supply all the information they need for identification purposes, you should be able to get the information. The credit card transaction number may help the airline locate the itinerary, as well.

If this doesn't work, call the credit card company, give them the transaction number, and ask them to call the airline and find the information for you.

Please let me know if I can help further.

I wish you and your son much good luck and Happy Holidays.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/20/2009 at 12:08 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Cher,

i have already called the airline a number of times, and tried just what you suggest. Even though the prompts indicate that one can speak to customer service, the automated voice indicates all customer service reps are busy. You are then told to go to USAirways.com, but that site has no options to resolve this situation. The line is disconnected when you try to hold. I'll try the credit card company, but don't expect much.

Thanks Anyway,

Bob

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Bob, and thank for your reply with additional information.

I can fully understand your frustration with the automated system. Try these instructions from http://gethuman.com/

To get a human on the phone: Call US Airways at(NNN) NNN-NNNN when the menu begins, press 41, then press 4 multiple times. The wait time is usually 2 minutes and their rating for Customer Service is not great.

You can also keep hitting 'redial' if the system disconnects you while waiting for an agent, and hopefully, you will eventually reach a person.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/20/2009 at 12:36 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks again Cher. I had been doing what you suggested, and simply have been unable to get through to a human without getting disconnected.

I tried your idea of calling the credit card company. They said there is nothing they can do, suggesting that I contact the airline.

Thanks. Have a nice evening.

Bob

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Bob, and you're most welcome.

I'm so sorry you couldn't make any headway. I called the number and tried various combinations of numbers to get a person (not that I didn't believe what you said, but wanted to try myself) and yes, an unbelievably NOT customer friendly system!

I went to the website and thought, perhaps you could try to circumvent the system and get a person to help you obtain the information you need by either calling the international reservations line, and/or the TTY (hearing impaired) line, which may be less busy......the numbers are here:

http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/contact/reservations.html

Also try the internet support desk, at:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Your son has no e-ticket, ticket number or confirmation number at all?

Your last option is to go to the airport closest to you and get the information from the US Airways desk. Or, when your son goes to check in, if he hopefully knows the time of his first flight, they will give him the information, by looking up his name in the computer. The charge card information may be helpful at that time, too.

Please let me know how things work out.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have a nice evening, too, Bob.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 12/20/2009 at 1:31 AM EST
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Cher,

Thanks. I called my son a little while ago and told him just that - to go to the US Airways desk at the airport wtih the information that we have. I'm certain that he'll be able to get the information he needs that way.

Merry Christmas,

Bob

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
You're most welcome, and Merry Christmas to you and your family, too, Bob!

I'm glad your son will be able to accomplish that, in person, at the airport, and thanks for your accept and your reply.

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Cher,

FYI - I had forgotten that I booked my flight via Travelocity.com. I went to the Travelocity website and was able to readily retrieve my itinerary. With customer service being as poor as it is at many airlines, this is a good reason to use a service such as Travelocity. I thought this might be an insight you could use in the future.

I can't believe that I had not remembered that earlier. :-)

Once again, I appreciate your service.

Best Wishes,

Bob

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Bob.

Thanks very much for updating me. I completely agree with you, that this IS a good idea! Thank goodness you remembered about Travelocity! I just assumed you had booked directly with the airline and that's why you were stuck between a rock and a hard place! I'm guessing you made the arrangements a while ago, for your son, and that's why Travelocity slipped your mind. : )

I'm glad everything worked out well!

Regards,
Cher