Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

thanks for your helpline.I read a lot of the 2010 fifa award

thanks for your helpline.I read a lot of the 2010 fifa award scams.I also received a message on my cell that I have won 2.8 mil US dollar. I made contact to these people,Mr Frits Seegers Chairman Private Clients & international Payment Barclays Bank 1 Churchill Place London E145HP UK Tel +447624190249.It is the same message other people got.Can you trace it if there is a person called mr Seegers and if and if he has the authority to aprove such winnings, or is it realy a big scam.
Can you send me a e [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

As you suspect, Mr. Seegers at Barclays Bank is indeed listed on the name of scammers at these sites, just to name a few:

Frits Seegers is indeed a real person, who is/was a senior executive with Barclays Bank; he has resigned. He personally, was not involved in the scam, but scammers are using his name, because it's well known.

Please do not send any money or personal/financial information to this person or remain in contact with him. Report the message you received on your cell to your cell phone provider and to your local authorities, who will send it to the FBI and/or other international agencies who are cracking down on these scam operations.

I hope you have not been badly affected by this scam and have not released any of your information. You were very wise to check it out, first!

I wish you the best of luck,