John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Experience:  I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a very old vase that I would like to know the value

Customer Question

I have a very old vase that I would like to know the value of. The mark at the bottom is josephine with an eagle. It has little pink roses a purple ribbon and gold decorations. I'm 99% sure it came from France.
Category: General
Expert:  John Henderson replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer..

Can you post a photo of the vase and the bottom so I can help?

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I add the photos?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I figured out how to send the pics. I had to use a different browser. Anyway, I sent two pics but I had to send them separately. Thanks!

HiCustomer

I need to search about 30 web sites so please be patient.

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sure, no problem. :)

I am sorry. I can not seem to find the information. The sites I have checked list any and all ceramics and the markings of those sought by collecters. This could mean that it is too common and not of value to collectors. How did you come by the vase? It is pretty.

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It has been in the family for years and years. My mother brought it over from France.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have looked for the mark online and in books also but couldn't find anything. I would think that if it was common then the mark would be easy to find.

Not necessarily. I owned a ceramic business in the mid 70's and used common molds to create a variety of vases and figurines. I did put my symbol on them which made them unique, but the vase itself was common in design. That is what I mean by common. A valued piece would be the FIRST and original piece that the mold was made from. It will have a unique symbol.

XXXXX XXXXX

John Henderson, Consultant
Experience: I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, I guess I'll have to continue searching. Thank you for all research.

Thank you. You might consider taking it to a local museum.

John H