Chris Miller
Chris Miller, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Master's degree in social work, computer knowledge, strong math and science background
22285537
Type Your Question Here...

who is the last (past, present,future)white nfl running back

who? is the last (past, present,future)white nfl running back to set record for most yards
Category: General
Expert:  Chris Miller replied 7 years ago.

Hello johnram,

The last white running back to hold the record for most rushing yards in a single season was Steve Van Buren of the Philadelphia Eagles. He rushed for a then-record 1,146 yards in 1949. That record stood until 1958, when it was broken by XXXXX XXXXX of the Cleveland Browns who rushed for 1,527 yards that season.

Note: These were 12-game seasons.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Edited by XXXXX XXXXX on 12/6/2009 at 4:11 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

good answer but someone is trying to tell me it was jim tayler in 1962. is this possible?

from the packers

HelloCustomer

XXXXX XXXXX did lead the NFL with 1,474 rushing yards in 1962--the last time a white running back led the league (NFL or old AFL) in rushing. However, this didn't break the record that was held by XXXXX XXXXX at the time. I thought you were referring to the last white running back to hold the single season rushing record. By the way, 1962 was the only season that XXXXX XXXXX did not lead the league in rushing during his career (1957-65).

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you very much. Some one is trying to mess with my sisters little tex mex with this

He's a Dallas fan, Yankees fan, We are BOSTON,PATS still got to help where we can

records are records thanks big help