M.Arch, Researcher, Artist, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect, Artist, Collector, Former Design College Faculty, Ivy League Masters.
Type Your Question Here...

Is there any way to redeem MacDonald Plaid Stamps books in

Is there any way to redeem MacDonald Plaid Stamps books in the way that S & H Green Stamps are redeemed?
Category: General
Expert:  M.Arch replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer and thank you for your question.

Unfortunately MacDonald Plaid has ceased operations entirely, so these stamps are no longer redeemable (and they only had a cash value of $.01 per ten stamps when they were redeemable. They only had more significant value when redeemed for catalog merchandise.)
These stamps may have some small value as nostalgic collectibles, though they rarely sell for more than a few dollars per booklet on Ebay.

I hope this information is helpful, and if so that you will please click the green "ACCEPT" icon as this is the only way that I can be paid for my answer through JustAnswer.
Feel free to ask additional related questions.
Thank you.

Edited by MJ on 12/1/2009 at 1:13 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information about Plaid Stamps. I work with a charitable organization to which several of these were donated. I had hoped to generate some money for my charity, but that is not to be. Again, thanks for the info. Customer