Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I need the current address and/or phone number for Bilt-Safe

I need the current address and/or phone number for Bilt-Safe Technologies Inc. so that I may contact them regarding a warranty issue. The 800 number in the warranty info sheet that came with the product I purchased cannot be accessed from AB, Canada and the letter I sent to them at 507 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC 28711 was returned to me with the comment "Vacant-unable to forward". I have tried looking it up online, but I am just getting numerous repeats of the same information relating to the recall of electric blankets. Can you help me to contact them?

I can understand your frustration. It's possible that you can't find them because they are out of business. This information was on one of the recall notices I found online, at:
http://www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/PRHTML05/05042.html

"Consumers should stop using the electric blankets immediately and destroy the controller and blanket. The firm is out of business, and a remedy is no longer available."

I did find a Bilt-Safe Technologies, Inc. in Erwin, TN, but no phone number was included: 229 S. Main Avenue, Erwin, Tennessee 37650

In my research, it seemed that the address in NC was a 'sister company'.

If you need warranty information on another product, not the electric blanket which was recalled, I don't think you'll be able to contact the company if they are no longer in business. This massive recall of electric blankets may be what put them out of business.

I wish you much good luck, despite the circumstances.

Cher