Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

On some of my Wii game discs, the error message is unable to

On some of my Wii game discs, the error message is unable to read disc. Is there a simple way to fix this. Its not on all the discs. I have cleaned the discs, but they are still not readable. Any ideas?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 7 years ago.

There are various reasons for a game to become unreadable, from small scratches to the laser eye unable to read the disc. Depending on what type of cleaning kit you are using, you may want to try the repair kit to see if that will make a difference on the disc. Sometimes the upright standing game systems if jarred will create a ring on the discs making them unreadable. I have a link here that will take you through several scenarios to try and clear this up. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameDiscs.jsp#some

My son is a avid gamer and we have found that some of the games are just defective and have had to send them back to the manufacturer. Joan

Edited by Joan on 11/21/2009 at 5:36 PM EST