TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

Ive found the statistic that 15 20% of US colleges are on

I’ve found the statistic that 15–20% of US colleges are on a Quarter system. What percentage are on a Semester system? What percentage are on a Trimester system? The wikipedia article does not include this information, so your help is appreciated!
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Here is the latest data I could find. Semester system including early semester 63%, Quarter System 23%, Trimester 2%, 4-1-4 system 7% and not indicated 5%.

This data is from The AACRAO (group of admssions officers) 1993 report by Orville Walz. This was futher confirmed in part by Alan Bright who in 2002 reported Quarter system to be about 22.2%. It looks like colleges rarely change there system since the early 1970's and were only changing at a rate of .2% a year. Hopefully this helps. Thanks Tom Please click accept.