P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
Type Your Question Here...

is installing a themostat a DIY job, or do I need to take it

is installing a themostat a DIY job, or do I need to take it to the mechanic? need a thermostat, a gasket (both you can get from the parts store) and the appropriate size wrench. You simply remove the housing for the thermostat...clean the surfaces and install the new gasket and thermostat.

1/2 hour job.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
P Simmons,
thanks for your answer, however I have already ordered the Thermostat and no gasket, can I use the old gasket when I undo the faulty thermostat?
Depends...if you have pulled it and its clean, then with some gasket sealer perhaps...but always best to use a new one.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks again, I am really glad it was you who responded. See I have just finished reading "Warfighting" and now know what you guys go through to become a Marine.
I salute you.