Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

How do I, phone the Queen of England, Elizabeth II

How do I, phone the Queen of England, Elizabeth II?
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

It is not possible to phone her directly, but it's possible to write to her. You may also phone but won't talk to her directly. Here is the address to write to: XXXXX Queen

Buckingham Palace

London SW1A 1AA

Here is the phone number for general enquiries (during working hour): (+44) (0)20 7930 4832

Edited by Martin on 11/4/2009 at 11:31 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I have never dialed outside the US, so I've a question for you: what are the parethese(s) for? I am guessing that (44) is the country code for England and that (0) is for operator assistance? The remaining numbers --- 20 7930 4832 --- are these the actual phone number? Also, should I be in England when I call, do I simply dial these numbers and skip the 0 and the +44? And what is the "plus" sign for, and how does one dial that? I am confident that this number is XXXXX should I ever wish to reach her at any future time, therefore I am accepting your kind answer and thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
P.S. I am just able to pay the nine dollars for this question, so if there is to be additional charge for a response to my preceding reply pls wait 'til I get back to you on some other day!!
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
44 is indeed the country code. 020 is the geographic area code, in that case for London (those were introduced in 2000). You might have to do "00" fist so the phone company know you are dialing outside the country.

you just have to click accept on 1 answer, it's ok to ask additional info if it's for precision to the original answer.

Edited by Martin on 11/5/2009 at 2:53 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is the plus sign? It's the first symbol in the number you gave!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Also, what is this number? Is it Buckingham Palace or an office therein? What is the name of the place, sir?
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
The + is not important. the number itself is 7930 4832. Go to the URL i will link and fill the field, it will show you the number you have to call (seem the number to put before is 011 to call outside of the US, i was not sure on that one): link

About the place it is exactly, that i can't say other than it's in London.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've made my payment yet you never told me what is the name of the place?
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
That phone number is XXXXX Buckingham Palace and all it's related things, but like i said, i don't know if the phone where this will ring is at the palace or in a remote office in London. The mail address that said, is surely at the palace.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much!!