Jesse Handel
Jesse Handel, Scientist
Experience:  B.S. Degree Chem. & Bact. 10 yrs tax preparation.
Type Your Question Here...

how do i find a list of israeli troop casualties. i knew someone

how do i find a list of israeli troop casualties. i knew someone that is part of the military and want to find out his status. he proposed to me. thank you.
HelloCustomer Thank you for coming to Just Answer and letting us help you with your question. I need some information before I can help you. What country are you living in? Thanks for the information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i live in the united states and met him when he was on military leave in dallas, texas. i have his first name, but can't remember how to spell his last name.

Hello again. As far as I can find on the internet, the Israeli military doesn't publish casualty lists by names. Your best chance to find out the status on this young man will probably be to go through the Israeli government. You should either call or write either Israel's consulate in Houston or the Israeli embassy in Washington D.C. and tell them you met this young man in Dallas, Texas on whatever date and give them his name (they should be able to figure out the spelling for you) and ask them for information about him. They should be willing to give you some information, although the information they'll give out may be limited if he is still in the army. You may be able to convince them better that you mean no harm if you can visit the consulate in Houston. Here is the contact information for that consulate:

The Consulate of Israel to the Southwest
24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1500
Houston, Texas 77046

The Consulate is located in the Compass Bank Building at the northeast corner of Weslayan and Highway 59. Visitor parking is available off Cummings Green entrance.

Tel - For the Consular Department:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Tel - for all other Departments:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
E- mail : [email protected]

Office Hours :
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Friday

Consular Department walk-in hours :
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM Monday through Friday

If the Houston consulate isn't helpful or isn't convenient, the contact information for the main Israeli embassy in Washington D.C. is:

Telephone: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

e-mail: [email protected]

Washington, D.C. 20008

Good luck. I had a similar situation with a childhood friend in the U.S. Army. I was afraid that he would be sent to Iraq and I had to track him down to make sure he was safe.