Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I am communicating with Rufeena Juliet she gave me an address

I am communicating with Rufeena Juliet she gave me an address of no 2olasheyinde agiliti, mile 12, lagos nigeria 23401

Can you confirm if any of this is real. I cant seem to find that address down there.

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi Jack,

If this person, Rufeena Juliet sent you an email requesting that you send money or asking that you deposit money from her into your bank account, and then send her money from your account, this is a SCAM and you need to inform your local authorities like your police department, and/or the FBI. This is a common scam out of Nigeria, to get money from people in the USA and other countries.

You were very wise to check this out first, and don't send her anything, but report the address she provided you, to the police/FBI.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I already knew not to send her money. She has not ask me for anything. I met her on a dating web site and I was trying to determine if she is actually real.

I wanted to know if the address is for real.

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Jack, and thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry, I can't find this name or address in Lagos, either. It's possible she has not provided her real address or name. However, even though she has not asked you for any money, these scams out of Nigeria involved dating sites, too, so I urge you to be careful. Sometimes, part of the scam is to ask you to send an airline ticket for her to come to visit you, and/or to wire $750 through Western Union. I found these sites re: dating scammers, and her name/address does not appear, but there is most likely no one by this name who is legitimately on this dating site, in Lagos, Nigeria.

After further searching, I have found that "12 hotel road" is used in one of the dating scams. The address you provided said "mile 12" and the zipcodes (postal codes) seem to all be the same for Lagos, in the scam addresses. (scroll down almost halfway on the page)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and please be carerful.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you not find the street and what does agiliti mean
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

No, I did not find the street name the way it is spelled here. I have found 'agility mile 12' in other addresses in Lagos, Nigeria, and 'agiliti' may be synonomous with 'agility'.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I know this is probably going to far for you but it is really important to me. I need to get verification of this girl if I can. She said she works at a fish pond 12 mile from where she lives. Is there anything you have seen down there that resembles a fish pond?

If I am taking up too much of your time, I understand and I can accept now, if you think I should.

Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again,

No, you are not taking up too much of my time; it's my pleasure to try to help you! Smile You can click accept at any time; it would be most appreciated, and we will not lose contact.

I don't live in that region, but I have been researching the information you have supplied, so there would be no way for me to know if there is a fish pond in that particular area. It's very difficult to find information about people who give names and addresses that may not be real, who claim to be from that city in Nigeria.