Greg Maxey
Greg Maxey, Consultant\Microsoft Word Expert
Experience:  Microsoft Word Most Valuable Professional (6 years)
16468162
Type Your Question Here...

I have a bunch of page numbers in square brackets that look

I have a bunch of page numbers in square brackets that look like this [24] etc, I want to use the Find and Replace function, but I keep losing all my numbers, not just the numbers in the brackets, what do you suggest? Thanks in advance
James,

You want to use the Find and Replace function to do what?

With Find and Replace dialog open, press the "More" option and then click "Use wildcards"

Type (\[)([0-9]@)(\]) in the find what field. This will find all occurences of numbers like [1] [21] [123] it will not find numbers like 1 21 or 123.

What do you want to do with the numbers when found? If you want to delete them then put nothing in the replace with field and press replace all. I you want to replace them with just the number then put \2 in the replace with field and press replace all.