P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
11181181
Type Your Question Here...

My 4 year old son was hit in the head at school by another

My 4 year old son was hit in the head at school by another 4 year old with a wooden block (it resembles a 2 x 4 piece of plywood). My husband received a call from the school, they called 911 and my child was eventually transported by ambulance to the emergency room. A cat scan was performed, the bleeding controlled and he is alright. Question...Who is responsible for the bill; the school, the parent of the child who hit my son, or both? It is a charter school and they are not releasing the name of the child's parent. So again, What steps do I need to take to ensure that I am not stuck with the bill?
According to the teacher, my son did nothing to provoke the other child to hit him. Where was the teacher and the aide, you may ask? In the classroom...evidently not able to keep their eyes on all 48 students.
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

THe parents of the other student and, perhaps the school, would be liable for the bill. IF the school will not give the name, you can sue the school and you will be able to get the information in the discovery process