Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

My chiropractor stared into my eyes very deeply with a big

My chiropractor stared into my eyes very deeply with a big smile on his face while checking my psoas muscle (on my back, pushing one leg straight up in the air). After several seconds of staring back at him wondering what he was doing, I became intensely sexually aroused and had to look away. I felt that his intentions were deliberate.
A week later I found out in a book that staring and smiling is technique to get people to like you and some cases to get them to fall in love with you. Apparently, the staring and smiling gets a woman's heart beating faster creating a nervous reaction which then (if the woman is attracted to the man, and I was/am) releases the same hormone that is found in women when we are sexually excited and initiates infatuation.
The doctor never said anything about it and neither did I, though I do plan on asking him when I get the nerve.
This was the second time he did it to me. though I guess I wasn't attracted to him the first time ,because I didn't respond.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.

It might be a good idea to find another chiropractor. The situation you describe does not sound 'proper' and when a doctor like a chiropractor is working on your body with his face in such close proximity to yours, he should look away, and not stare into your face. You should have looked away, as well, but you were surprised, confused, and didn't know what to do at the time.

I wouldn't bring it up to him, as it will be embarrassing and he will deny any wrongdoing, but it would be advisable for you to find another chiropractor in your area, to avoid another uncomfortable situation. Try to find an older man or a woman chiropractor who has been well recommended by a friend or neighbor.

Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist