Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney, Public Speaker, Honors Graduate USMA.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a shoulder patch of my uncles from ww11, It is triangular,

Customer Question

I have a shoulder patch of my uncles from ww11, It is triangular, and has a black boarder, at the peak of the triangle is the number 2, there is what looks like tank treads and a gun barrel with a lightning bolt through it. I have searched hundreds of sites and cannot find one like it. can you help.
Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX PS; uncles name was edward rudland Ingles
my e-mail address is [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 7 years ago.
Hello Rud and welcome to JustAnswer.

The patch you described sounds like a 2nd Armored Division patch. The regular 2nd Armored patch looks like this:

If yours does not have the legend "Hell on Wheels" or is not in the tri-color format (that is, if it is solid green), it may be a variation used on combat fatigues.

Thanks for asking your question here on JustAnswer. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Hi again Rud,

I did some additional research and found that during WWII, General Patton had the 2nd Armor wear their patches on the left breast pocket, rather than on the shoulder. Here is a picture of Patton with the version of the patch that you may be looking for: