TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

My husband hides money in the house all the time. I just found

Customer Question

My husband hides money in the house all the time. I just found 3,000. Can I take what I need to for family bills?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
Hello, In most cases I would say no its still wrong. If this is absolute the only way you can feed and take care of your family I can see you using the money. It would still be better to discuss it with your husband and set up a particular amount you need every week to meet household expenses. Thank You Tom
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is it illegal fro me to take some of it? He is cheap and does not pay for very much of the household bills and claims to not have money.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
I'm not a lawyer. In most states they money would be considered joint property. Thank You Tom