TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I need to find information on the web regarding a typical cargo

I need to find information on the web regarding a typical cargo list and supplies of a typical schooner in the 1800s and what the uses for the cargo and supplies?
Hello, I think this what you need, it has an actual manifest (list of Cargo) you can click on near bottom of page. Many ship were slave ships and coming to America and left America with Cotton and other goods. This link takes you the National Archives which has a great amount of information about shipping in the 1800's. Thanks Tom
http://www.archives.gov/northeast/boston/exhibits/mount-vernon/cargo-origins.html
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think what I need is a more generalized cargo list of items that would be found on a schooner in the 1800s; this one is more specific to a specific ship Mt. Vernon. I've been searching without much success either. Just thought maybe someone else would have better luck
I'm going to opt out but I beleive you will find several manifest in the national archives I sent you and can easily compile a list. Tom