TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

My high school class of 1958 would like to do a production

My high school class of 1958 would like to do a production of a show that was done each year for about 40 years at our school. Upon the death of the teacher that did all of the writing and directing the show was no longer done. How can we find out if the show has any copyrights or anything that would prevent a production being done within the law?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
You can research it through the US Copyright Office but a simplier method may be to use this company Copyright Clearance Company who can grant you permission or give you the cost of putting on your production.
The questions they will ask is if it is non profit, are you charging admission and so forth. Thank You Tom Please click accept.